Teenage Vegan

Monday, August 07, 2006

Harmonias Midweek Munchies Meme

Midweek Munchies: What Teenage Vegan is contributing for the week

Today was one of my largest grocery shopping trips to date! I bought enough for four full dinners (sides included) to feed anywhere from 2 (my boyfriend and I) to 6 (friends and family). I also got the fixings for four delicious desserts, as well as plenty of snacks and things to eat for lunch and dinner. I tried to do mostly organic (when available) and I managed to keep it under $200.00.

Bolded items = organic

Red bell peppers
Roasted tomatillo salsa
Twin pack of extra-firm tofu
Peach soy yogurt
Strawberry soy yogurt
Raspberry soy yogurts
Arugala
Raw pecan halves
Raw cashews
Raw pine nuts
Dried mixed wild mushrooms
Cherry tomatoes
Fresh parsley
Salad tomatoes
Ground cinnamon
English muffins
Joe's O's cereal
Hansen's cherry vanilla creme soda
Shallots
Luna bars
Golden raisins
Par-baked baguette bread
Black beans
Sun-dried tomatoes
Maple Syrup
Green Protein Juice
Vegetable broth
Quick cooking raw oats
Dried zante currants
Soft wheatberries
Nutritional yeast
Apple juice concentrate
Single serving wildberry pie
Tortilla chips
Tempeh
Veggie canadian bacon
Chocolate soymilk
Plain soymilk
Avocado
Beet
Carrot
Celery
Basil
Limes
Mango
Red onion
Valencia oranges
Zucchini
Kalamata olives
Raw macadamia nuts
Ginger
Habanero pepper
White pepper

Links to other Midweek Munchies
(If you participate, leave your link in the comments and I'll post it below; or, you can post in the comments)

Click here for the Midweek Munchies code
Click here for Harmonia's blog

Trackbacks, pings, and comment links are accepted and encouraged!
Technorati Tag:

A special thanks to Running2Ks and Rift for all of their help with coding, graphics, and encouragement for this project.

PURPOSE of Midweek Munchies: Put together by a small group of Veg Women, we hope to spread the word about healthy vegetarianism while obtaining idea starters for meals, recipes, learn about new products, and meet other female veg*n bloggers. Visiting and commenting on other participants lists are encouraged but not required. Have fun and Go Veg!

1 Comments:

At 10:35 AM, Blogger Harmonia said...

Hi! I saw you in my incoming links today and thought I would stop by. Can I link you? Let me know. You also might be interested in the Veggin' Out Forum...it's just a bunch of us veggie ladies chattering about a bunch of stuff. Great list, btw.
What brand of Soy Yogurt do you buy? What about the English Muffins? Plus, when you have time...I'd like to hear about the Green Protein Juice. Oh! And the Canadian Veggie Bacon...where did u find that? What brand? Thanks! If you want to visit me I'm at:
http://harmonia.blogsome.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home